When you’re about to graduate from our Skydiver Training Program, it’s time to start thinking about getting your own gear, and the accessories (helmet, goggles, altimeter) are the best place to start. We provide everything you need during the program, but afterwards you will need to rent our gear or buy your own. It’s a great idea to go ahead and get your own accessories for a number of reasons:
- They’re always available to you.
- They’re the accessories you picked out that you liked best.
- You know where they’ve been.
- Once purchased, there’s no rental fee.
- The Skydive Spaceland Pro Shop offers a free pair of goggles when you buy a helmet and altimeter at the same time (up to $20 value).
- These are the lower-priced, non-custom pieces of gear you’ll need on every skydive and are usually in stock so you can start jumping them right away.
- If you buy your accessories now, it helps spread out the financial investment of your first complete set of gear.
There are a number of choices for each type of gear—full-face vs. open face helmets, audible and visual altimeters, and various goggle styles from clear vs. colored lenses to full-wrap vs. sunglasses styles. Talk to your instructors and the pro shop about your skydiving and gear needs, and pick out some new toys for your new playground.