Want to work in a fast-paced, fun-based environment? Advance your skydiving career at Skydive Spaceland, one of the world’s largest skydiving operations! We are open 7 days per week, year-round just south of Houston, Texas, on our 140-acre private airpark built from the ground up exclusively for skydiving. We value safety, professionalism, and courteousness in all of our staff, whether full- or part-time.
We have a number of world record holders and highly competitive skydivers in various disciplines here at Skydive Spaceland who can help you further improve your skydiving skill set. Quite simply, we want you to work for us and we want to help you grow into the very best instructor, rigger, manifestor, or whatever it is in skydiving that you want to be! We also have examiners from The Ratings Center that call Spaceland home, and can train you for any additional ratings you don’t yet hold.
Projected Annual Customer Volume
- 10,000+ tandems
- 3,000+ AFF (STP)
- 5,000+ tandem videos
- Summer months will average 125 + work jumps per month (some do over 200) subject to multiple qualifications
- Winter months will average as few as 50 up to 100 work jumps per month subject to winter weather
- Work days are scheduled in advance and usually 5 days per week, but staff are welcome to work all days
Local towns with apartment housing:
- Pearland, TX (about 18 miles away) most preferred
- Angleton, TX (about 13 miles away)
- Alvin, TX (about 14 miles away)
- DZ RV slots are available with full hook-ups for $300 per month
- DZ-owned RVs are available for rent in addition to the slot rent
- Bunkhouse can be used as temporary housing for up to two weeks for new staff working out longer-term accommodations
Hours of Operation
- DZ is open for business every day except Christmas Day
- Monday-Friday open 8:00 a.m. till sunset
- Weekends open 7:30 a.m. till sunset
- Yes- a very large swoop park (Host of Swoop Nationals 3 years running)
- Swoop Park is always open and very near the facility for ease of use
- 3,000 square feet of indoor climate controlled packing space
- Several Super Twin Otters and 900HP Caravans (Texas Turbines conversion) owned by Skydive Spaceland, with at least one of each on site every day.
- Air-conditioned office work space for staff available
- 36 new Sigma tandem rigs
- 36 new Sun Path Student Javelins, 10 new student Icons
- Air-conditioned camera flyer work station
- On-site deli
Equipment requirements for jump staff
- Tandem Instructors: 2 altimeters and goggles
- Camera Flyers: Rig, GoPro5 or similar/better (with stabilization) and a DSLR with a bite/blow switch
- AFF (STP) Instructors: Rig, Small digital camera such as GoPro, Drift, Contour or similar
Pay & Perks (for contracted instructors and camera flyers)
- Tandem jumps: $40 (generous tips usually), no hand-cams. Additional weight compensation: $20 for 220-239 lb students, $40 for 240+ lbs.
- AFF (STP): $55 for lower levels, $45 for upper levels
- Video: $40
- Additional bonuses paid quarterly for having multiple ratings and seniority at Spaceland (up to $7 additional per jump for all work jumps)
- Fun Jump slots $24 (reg. $30)
- Organizing/mentoring is encouraged when not teaching
- Gear discounts
Our instructor rotation policy is a simple fixed rotation with a sign-in sheet for each workday. Staff that are qualified for more than one trade will be given work based on the needs of that particular load. It is quite common to make a tandem jump on one load, then shoot video on the very next.
Spaceland Houston also offers an annual unlimited jump package that is good from Jan. 1-Dec. 31. This package covers your hop and pop and/or full-altitude slots for as many fun jumps as you can do! Contact manifest at 281-369-3337 to purchase this package or check it out online!
For more questions, please feel free to email us at manifest@SkydiveSpaceland.com.