July 20-21, 2019
preNationals is a Nationals-style formation skydiving (FS) competition that gives formation skydiving teams a chance to tune up and test it out before the Freefall National Skydiving Championships in September. See how you stack up against Nationals-standard judges and the OmniSkore!HD scoring system! This is a fabulous opportunity to get familiar with competition logistics before Nationals, see how you’re comparing to your competition, meet people and have a blast!
Stay tuned to the event’s Facebook page for announcements!
- 4-Way Formation Skydiving (Classes: Open, Advanced, Intermediate)
- 8-Way Formation Skydiving (Classes: Open, Intermediate)
- 2-Way Mixed Formation Skydiving (MFS) (Classes: Open, Advanced)
- Competition load 1’s 15-minute call will be at 7 am each day Saturday-Sunday
- MFS and 4-way FS awards will be at sunset Saturday if the events are complete
- 8-way FS awards will be given as soon as possible after 8way competition completes
- No jumps or tunnel flying from the time your event has received the draw until your final round’s score has been posted.
Chief Judge: Jim Rees
Additional Judges: TBD
Competition airplanes: Twin Otters, Super Caravan
Scoring system: Omniskore!HD
Meet Directors: Scott Latinis, Christy West
**** Each competitor on your team should pay per competitor, not per team).
Note: If you are paying for someone else (i.e., your videographer), please put his/her name in the Notes field when completing your payment checkout (i.e., “paying for Bugs Bunny”).
What You Get
- Scoring by a 3-judge panel of nationally rated formation skydiving judges using Omniskore (led by experienced chief judge/meet director Jim Rees)
- T-shirt (if registered by July 1)
- Registration per competitor: $50 for the first event, $25 for each additional event
- Jump tickets: $28 each
- 4-Way FS: 8 (open, intermediate classes available)
- 8-Way FS: 8 (open, intermediate classes available)
- 2-Way MFS: 5 (open, advanced classes available)
Total (including jumps)
If you are only doing one event, the cost is as follows. Adding an event will add $25 registration and $28 per jump.
- 4-Way FS: $274/person
- 8-Way FS: $274/person
- 2-Way MFS: $215/person
Any jumps not made will be refunded at $28 per slot. The registration fee is nonrefundable after July 10.
Practice Jumps: $26 per slot (video slot also $26)
All members of the team must be registered and paid prior to Wednesday, July 10 to get this rate, which applies to team training jumps made beginning 0700 on Wednesday, July 17 until the briefing starts for the team’s event. Spaceland teams with different rates get your team’s agreed-upon rate for practice jumps.
See our Lodging Page for more information regarding nearby hotels and accommodations.
Avoid the hassle of bringing food to and from the DZ! The Landing Point Cafe is offering pre-ordered lunches! Your competitor packet will include a checklist menu so you can pre-pay for meals and have them ready to go when it’s time to eat. Forms and payment should be turned into the cafe the day you receive your packet.
Deli Details –
- The hangar and Deli will be open early (6:15 a.m.) Friday – Sunday for breakfast
- Breakfast Specials for Breakfast:
- Breakfast Tacos
- Breakfast Sandwiches
- Dinner Specials for Pre-Nationals:
- Thursday – Pizza and Salad ($5/ person)
- Friday – Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Toast ($5/ person)
- Saturday – Brisket and Chicken, Potato Salad, BBQ Baked Beans, Cookies ($15/ person)
See our Deli Page for available regular menu options!